This is an excellent aquarium plant combination to bring life to your aquascape. The plants in this package are all truly aquatic plants that will enhance the biological ecosystem in your aquarium and make your fish happy too! Live aquarium plants helps maintain higher water quality by binding organic waste. Aquarium plants will convert carbon dioxide into oxygen which makes for a healthier environment for your aquarium inhabitants. In addition, aquarium plants will help to prevent excessive algae growth by competing with algae for nutrients. The vast majority fish of species natural habitats’ include aquatic plants. They will therefore feel more at home in a planted aquarium. Fish that like their environment are less prone to illness and more prone to be active, display vivid colors and spawn. Additionally, keeping aquarium plants can reduce stress in several ways for your fish. Establishment of territories can decrease the amount of fighting among fish by forming many small territories instead of one big one in the aquarium. Live plants also provide weaker or less aggressive fish suitable hiding spots where they can avoid being bullied. Anubias Barteri, Marble Queen, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Altlandsberg Sword, Telanthera, Red Melon Sword, Lobelia Cardinalis, Hygrophila Araguaya, Java Fern, Vallisneria. Please note some of the red plants ship in its emersed form and will take several weeks for them to transition to its aquatic reddish form. While not necessary, you can optimize their grow by using appropriate lighting and adding CO2.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that during times of extreme weather, live plants will suffer due to extreme temperatures. During winter, do not order live plants when temperatures are expected to go below 20F at the lowest point during the day. During summer, avoid ordering plants when temperatures are above 100F.
- Easy live aquarium plant species for any freshwater aquarium. You get 10 grown plant bunches, 1 of each species of ranging from 6 to 12 inches in height with the exception of the Lobelia Cardinalis which is about 3″. Plants are grown in the US and subject to US standards for aquatic plants. Each of our plant bunches have several stems. Please note that some plants will take several weeks to transition to its aquatic form as some are grown emersed
- Perfect for 10+ gallons aquariums. Create a natural habitat in your aquarium for your fish and invertebrates
- Provide natural resting and hiding places for your smaller fish and invertebrates
- Create a natural biological filter in your tank by having plants absorb nitrates from waste