Hygger dual sponges aquarium filter, is for small and medium size fish tank use,
as additional bio filtration to your aquarium.
The filter working isn’t something that is really visible, its primary use is to promote beneficial nitrifying bacteri growth in the
tank to help break ammonia down to nitrites and nitrites down to nitrates.
Healthy tank bacteri recycle will make the aquarium water more clear and in good quality, which in turns to make your little fish,
shrimp live a healthy and happy life.
Other features of this sponge filters:
– Comes with 2 spare sponges.
– With 2 strong suction cups, can be easily hidden on the back wall of the aquarium.
– Easy to install, the fifth picture show the steps.
– Comes with a bag of ceramic media balls.
– 2 filter media containers, you can put other kind of medias inside them.
– Filter parts are detachable.
– The air water outlet tube is telescopic, can be adjusted above the water line or below.
– Creates small and slow movements in the water.
– Add more air into water when water outlet is under water.
Directions for use
1. For new tank, your water might be cycling. Don’t add a lot of fish right away and wait it out.
2. An established tank (been up and running with fish in it for at least a month or two. running
your old filter along with the this one until it has a chance to have beneficial bacteri.
3. Cloudy tank is common due to your tank bacteri recycle.
4. Need an aquarium air pump and airline hose (4mm) to run this filter.
1. Clean one of the two sponges once a month or so.
2. Wash the filter with aquarium water, don’t use the tap water.
3. Rinse and squeeze repetitively at least 5 to 10 times till you see no more dirty water
coming out of the sponge. Repeat for 2 to 3 more days till aquarium has crystal clear water.
- 【Multi-filtration functions】this sponge aquarium filter combines bio-filtration, oxygenation and physical filtration in one and also makes small water flow, which can ensure the excellence of the water quality. Helps your small fish or shrimp to live a happy, healthy life
- 【Filter Demension】plus the sponge filter with media balls takes up no more room. Small filter is 6″ in width and 9″ to 13.” in height, the sponge inside circle diameter is 0.39 inch, suggest for 10 to 40 gallon fish tank. Medium filter is 6.3″ in width and 9′ to 13 in height, the sponge inside circle diameter is 0.59 inch, suggest for 15 to 55 gallon fish tank. For larger tank you may need 2 of this filter
- 【Package Includes】1 double sponge filter with 2 containers +1 bag of ceramic media balls + 2 pare sponges (packed in the 2 containers). This aquarium filter must be used with an air pupm and a standard size 4mm air hose, please note pump and air hose are not included. Please choose a powerful enough air pump according to your fish tank size for this filter
- 【Removable Fine Sponges 】you can easy to take down the 2 sponges from the filter to clean or replace it, the 2 sponges are fine 60ppi not coarse, which means more surface area for beneficial bacteri to live on. Don’t use tap water to clean it, just rinse or squeeze the sponges by using the aquarium water
- 【Easy to use】all the parts of this filter are detachable, you can easily to assemble them together, with 2 strong suction cups you can stick the filter firmly to any tank position under water, withouting floating. The water oulet tube can be extended and rotated, you can adjust the outlet to above or below the waterline