The Penn Plax Cascade 1000 Canister Aquarium Filter is a heavy-duty external filtration system. The Cascade 1000 (CCF3UL) is for aquariums up to 100 gallons and pumps 265 gallons per hour (GPH). Delivering powerful mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration, which produces crystal clear water in both fresh and marine aquariums. Crystal Clear Water for Fresh and Marine Aquariums: The Cascade Advantage! The floss pad removes fine particulate matter, while the activated carbon media removes toxins and impurities from the water, leaving a cleaner and healthier environment for your fish and other aquatic life. The coarse sponge makes for an abundant surface area for proper biological filtration by promoting bacterial growth to effectively remove waste, excess food and harmful ammonia and nitrates. This durable aquarium filter is equipped with quick-disconnect tubing connectors that can also be utilized to control the filter’s flow rate. To ensure a secure and water-tight fit, this dynamic fish tank filter utilizes four locking clamps along with a motorhead equipped with an integrated O-ring. Filter media is included free with each canister filter.
- CASCADE CANISTER FILTER FOR FRESHWATER OR MARINE ENVIRONMENTS: the Cascade 1000 (CCF3UL) has 3 media baskets, works at 265 GPH, and is recommended for Aquariums up to 100 gallons. It measures 11.5 x 17 x 10 inches.
- STATE OF THE ART FEATURES OF THE CASCADE 1000: ♦ flow valves that rotate 360 degrees for easy maneuvering in even the tightest aquarium cabinets ♦ large capacity media baskets allow aquarists to customize to their media needs ♦ push button primer allows for a quick and easy prime of the filter ♦ includes a spray bar, tubing, directional spout for customization, and filter medium.
- USE ANY COMBINATION OF MEDIA: floss pad for removing particulate matter and a course sponge that provides abundant surface for promoting bacterial growth (to remove ammonia and nitrites) included free with purchase
- SEE BELOW FOR DIAGRAM, THE CASCADE 1000 INCLUDES: ♦ Flow rate control cut-off valves ♦ two independent directional 360 degree rotating valve taps ♦ swimming pool – style hose clamps ♦ quick, easy, push button self-primer ♦ extra-large capacity stackable filter medium containers with lift-up handles ♦ floss pad and coarse sponge included, free with each canister filter ♦ easy lift alignment clamps that release vacuum suction ♦ sturdy tip-proof base
- FILTER MEDIA OPTIONS BY CASCADE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON, SOLD SEPARATELY: see below for details, sold separately is media such as: bio-floss, bio-sponge, bio-rings, filt-a-pack pro-z, and filt-a-pack pro-carb-z.