The Penn Plax Cascade Hang On Aquarium Filter features a revolutionary Bio-Falls Quad Filtration System to keep your tank clean and healthy. The polyfiber floss cartridge traps floating particulate matter while the activated carbon cartridge removes harmful chemicals, toxins, odors, discoloration and other contaminants from the water. The internal sponge optimizes the colonization of beneficial anaerobic bacteria while removing ammonia and nitrites. The external Bio-Falls wet/dry biological booster provides anaerobic bacteria for additional ammonia and nitrite removal while enhancing oxygen exchange for maximum water oxygenation. This hang on aquarium filter attaches easily to your tank by sliding over the edge of the glass. A leveling device keeps your filter in position and the self-priming intake tube has a built-in extendable stem to allow placement of the intake strainer close to the bottom of most aquariums. Filter includes an adjustable flow control knob to reduce filtration during feeding times or as needed, and the quiet and efficient motor is maintenance free. The Penn Plax Cascade hang on filter delivers up to 150 gallons of water per hour and is suitable for fish tanks from 20 to 35 gallons in size. It measures 9.2 inches high by 7.5 inches wide by 5 inches deep and is suitable for both freshwater and saltwater tanks. The Cascade Aquarium Filter Comes with bio floss and activated carbon cartridges and is ready to use.
- Hang on aquarium filter quietly delivers 150 gallons per hour of crystal clear water for your fresh or marine aquariums from 20 to 35 gallons in size.
- Revolutionary Bio-Falls Quad-Filtration system provides efficient filtration with anaerobic bacteria for additional ammonia and nitrite removal providing maximum oxygenation.
- Activated carbon cartridge removes harmful chemicals, toxins, odors, discoloration, and other contaminants for your aquarium.
- Internal sponge optimizes colonization of beneficial anaerobic bacteria and polyfiber floss cartridge traps floating particulate matter.
- Adjustable flow knob allows you to reduce filtration during feeding times or as needed. Aquarium filter is recommended for both freshwater and saltwater applications.