FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – Premium Complete Aquarium Water Conditioner
QUESTION: What is the best way to use your premium water conditioner to detoxify ammonia in my aquarium?
ANSWER: Our complete conditioner does a great job of detoxifying ammonia in unusual situations such as overcrowding or overfeeding. In such cases, our premium water conditioner will help control ammonia until the aquarium’s biological filter catches back up. 1. Test ammonia levels with an ammonia salicylate reagent test kit rather than Nessler’s reagent to get an accurate reading of ammonia in your water. 2. Add 5 ml (1 cap) per 10 gallons of water to treat entire system for each 1 ppm of ammonia measured on test kit. Wait 10 minutes; re-test ammonia concentration in aquarium water and repeat treatment if needed. REMARKABLE RESULTS! Use our fish tank water conditioner when adding water lost by evaporation, during water changes, as well as when ammonia and/or nitrite levels are measurable. For exact details of how to use our water condition
QUESTION: I have a 30-gallon aquarium. When doing a water change do I treat the entire 30 gallons or just the new water I am adding?
ANSWER: Treat only the new water you are adding. Simply add 1 capful or 1 teaspoon for each 10 gallons of water being treated.
QUESTION: Can fish really smell?
ANSWER: Fish have olfactory receptors in 2 pits on their snout which are used to find food, spawning grounds, and much more
QUESTION: Does Aquatic Experts Premium water conditioner have ingredients to provide a slime coat?
ANSWER: We do not add any chemicals to coat the fish or cause fish to more rapidly produce their slime coat. Healthy fish even after being caught with a fish net will naturally produce their protective layer of slime. Therefore, we prefer not to add any chemicals which could pollute the fish tank
- NO AWFUL SMELL! The problem with some other aquarium water conditioners is that they smell horrible. Hobbyists pour these stinky products into their aquariums filled with their favorite aquatic pets and, YES, fish can smell! Our TankFirst water conditioner SOLVES THIS PROBLEM by using a natural additive that is just as effective without the foul odor. Your fish never have to suffer again!
- CUTTING EDGE FORMULA! Makes tap water INSTANTLY SAFE by removing chlorine, and chloramines; it even removes toxic ammonia, nitrites, and detoxifies heavy metals. Our complete premium conditioner is perfect for all freshwater, marine, and reef aquariums. Our premium 16.9-ounce bottle treats 1,000 gallons. Use 1 capful or 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE! Our Premium Water Conditioner is PROVEN and TRUSTED for use with all freshwater and saltwater species including live corals and other invertebrates such as shrimps and snails. Even THE MOST SENSITIVE FISH ARE SAFE and it is the perfect choice for FRESHWATER SHRIMP and live planted aquariums and as a betta water conditioner.
- REMARKABLE RESULTS! Use our TankFirst fish tank water conditioner when adding water lost by evaporation, during water changes, as well as when ammonia and/or nitrite levels are measurable. For exact details of how to use our water conditioner to remove ammonia see description below.
- EASY TO USE! Our formula is very forgiving to adding a little too much. Imprecise measuring and small spills won’t adversely affect your aquarium or your fish.